Date: August 18, 2017 5pm-7pm
The Highland Adult Athletic Booster Club hosts an annual tailgate party at the first home varsity football home game each year – where funds go to ALL Highland athletics, not just football. This is our largest fundraiser of the year, so we’re looking for all the support, volunteers, and attendance that we can muster.
2017 is introducing a new format for the tailgate party. We’re calling it: A Taste of Tailgate! That means that we’re going to bring in a variety of food options for you to choose from. There won’t be any food vouchers to purchase. Just be sure to have cash on hand to buy your dinner.
After you pay your $1 entry fee/person, we invite you to explore our food options. As of right now, here’s what we’ll have available:
- Pizza – $4/slice
- Potato Pierogies: 3 for $5
- Tacos – $2/taco
- BBQ – $10 rip tips, $5 brats, $7 1/2 lb burger, $5 hot link, $7 chicken breast – each comes with bag of chips
When you attend the tailgate party you’ll find lots of family fun things to do. We also have all kinds of booths for you to visit and activities to participate in. Here’s what we have lined up for the 2017 tailgate party!
- DJ Dawn for entertainment
- The National Guard brings out an Endurance Challenge obstacle course ($1), a Punching Machine ($1) that records how hard you punch the bag, and a football toss ($1). Come on out and test your strength and agility!
- Bounce House for the littles ($2)
- Gas ’em Up Speed Throwing Contest
- Lip pops
- Snow cones
- Lemonade shake-ups
- Face painting
- Glow necklaces and bracelets
- Cheddar and caramel popcorn sales
- Yankee candles
- Trojan Tribune Newspaper Ads
- Window clings
- Wrestling spiritwear
- Foam fingers and buttons
- Rally towels that say “Who are we? Highland!”
We’re looking for folks that want to participate in the tailgate party as either a vendor or a volunteer.